Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TESTIMONY TUESDAYS: THANK YOU LORD, FOR THE SIMPLE THINGS

Praise ye the Lord for he is good! Today I want to thank and praise God for the simple things, the things we take for granted like the daily activity of our limbs. My youngest daughter began walking two weeks ago and I want to thank God for the milestone that didn't have to be (though we act like it must happen).

Before I began teaching I spent two years working as a paraprofessional in District 75. Over the course of those two years I had the opportunity to work with students with a variety of special needs from the learning disabled to the physically handicapped, so I know that this does not have to be. I have pushed students around in wheelchairs from kindergartners to high school students. But God's mercy has allowed for my both of my children to develop normally.

If you are reading this and your child is not developing normally I don't want you to walk away from this with your head hanging down brooding over the problem that you have with your child or comparing my testimony to yours. There is no respect of person with God, he didn't bless me this way and curse you. He has blessed you in a different way and equipped you with strengths that he has not equipped me with to go through this trying of your faith. Praise him and thank him for your child regardless of their condition because a child is a blessing to the Lord and from the Lord.

"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord : and the fruit of the womb is his reward." Psalm 127:3

Instead of complaining about your situation or using your questions about your situation as a criticism of what the Lord has orchestrated in your life, ask him to reveal to you what you are to learn from this situation, ask him to guide you through this situation, ask him to help use this situation to build your faith, ask him to use this situation to reveal his glory to you, the same way he did for the man who was born blind and was healed by Jesus.

"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was born blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." John 9:3

And as you wait for as all this and more to be revealed to you give thanks and testify of his goodness all day anyway, with this one thought in the forefront of your mind "And we know that all [all] things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

May God Bless You Richly

No comments:

Post a Comment