Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TESTIMONY TUESDAYS: Restoration Has Finally Come

I know how the prodigal son felt when he went back home with his head hung down. He felt foolish, he felt ashamed, he felt sorry. He knew that what he had done to his father was wrong and had been an utter waste of time. He had discovered that the world he was so in a hurry to conquer really wasn't worth everything that he had given up.

I too once lived that life. Every thing was quick fast and in a hurry. I wanted to grow up quickly, I wanted to get out of my mama's house and "L-I-V-E." I thought I was going to do big things. Instead I got done. The world chewed me up and broke me down. Every good thing which good placed inside of me I gave away, every measure of prosperity he gave to me I spent frivolously on booze and bad boyfriends.

But restoration has finally come. The Lord has welcomed me back into fold. I returned to church bent and broken, lingering in the shadows of the back rows but God through the mercies of his Christ Jesus has moved me from the back to the front-switched me from the head to the tail. He has washed me in his blood covered me with his love and I am not ashamed of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ which is active in my life.

This Tuesday I am thankful for God's salvation, thankful for his grace and I want to testify to the fact that he his not a man that he should lie- our sins really do go into the sea of forgetfulness, he really does love us, he really will restore every thing that the devil has taken (or you gave him) if we repent. He is quick and just to forgive us. I love the Lord today.

For further reading: Luke 15:11-32 and I John 1:9

Would you like to testify to the goodness of God, through his son, Jesus Christ? Submit your testimony to divinetutors@yahoo.com and it may be selected to appear on The Carpenter's House. Please, submit it as an attachment in a Word document. Please keep submissions between 100-300 words max., be sure to include your name and a little bit of information about you. Remember how we overcome, first by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony, "And they overcame him [Satan] by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony: and they loved not their lives unto death." Revelation 12:11 

No comments:

Post a Comment