Tuesday, March 1, 2011

TESTIMONY TUESDAYS: He Has Given Me, Love, Power, and a Sound Mind


This post is coming in late today due to the demands of an educator's schedule but it's never too late to remind someone of the goodness of the Lord; it's never too late to talk about the ways he proves himself in your life.

This Tuesday I want to praise the Lord for giving me love, power, and a sound mind. I can remember a time that I was nearly out of mind. If it had not been for the Lord who was on my side I wouldn't even be writing this post. I almost walked out on my family.

It was the middle of the night, my eldest daughter wouldn't go to sleep and my husband wasn't too happy about that. The devil just seized that moment to fill my head with nonsense. "Just walk out, see if he can handle it. What's he going to do without you?" I didn't realize then that it was a strange voice, I was already given over to the madness that a sin filled life creates.


I jumped up and stormed out in my pjs and even then God was working things out for me. I'm not sure where I thought I was going but I went to the train station, and praise be to God I had put on the wrong jacket - I had no metrocard. I walked a block away and sat on the corner of my Pastor's block and just cried. I didn't want to go there [to his house] and have to admit that I was wrong and Jesus was right but I'm glad, so glad that Jesus looked past my faults and saw my need.


He saw how broken my spirit was and he rushed in with his love, he gave me power over my feelings and emotions through the Holy Ghost, and put my mind at ease. Now I am content with motherhood and have the natural affections towards my family that I ought to have. This Tuesday I am thankful for what the Lord has done in my life.


-Nigeria






ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS: Would you like to testify to the goodness of God, through his son, Jesus Christ? Submit your testimony to divinetutors@yahoo.com and it may be selected to appear on The Carpenter's House. Please, submit it as an attachment in a Word document. Please keep submissions between 100-300 words max., be sure to include your name and a little bit of information about you. Remember how we overcome, first by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony, "And they overcame him [Satan] by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony: and they loved not their lives unto death." Revelation 12:11 

No comments:

Post a Comment