Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TESTIMONY TUESDAYS: "Yeah, I wanna testify"

Praise ye the Lord! God is good, God is great and worthy to be praised. "Yeah, I wanna testify" of His goodness.  The Lord is doing and has done some wonderful things to me and through me.

I thank God that I had the opportunity to speak with one of my students today about the way that the Lord completely transformed my life. I met my husband in a nightclub and I was a fornicator. The world said, I was just exploring my sexuality, the world said that I was liberated, but the truth is I was a whore, abusing my body with men. Instead of being liberated  I was bound. I was bound by my desires and led by the lust of my flesh to sleep with men whom I didn't know enough about to be sleeping with in the first place and should not have been sleeping with at all.

I thank the Lord, that while my thoughts were not always directed towards him, he was constantly thinking about me and didn't allow me to die in that terrible state. He did not allow any situation that I put myself in to consume me. Yes, I put myself in, those situations. It wasn't Jesus and it wasn't Satan's fault either. A lot of Christians like to blame devil but the truth is that many times when we find our backs against the wall we were the ones who backed up, but that's another story.

I thank Jesus, for dying for me on this day because truly my sins were great and I could not pay the penalty for my transgressions. I thank Him for His resurrection, which gave me power to live right. It's that power that enables me remain faithful to my husband and live according to the word.

If wasn't for Jesus I don't know where I would be but I am glad to be here now. Praise the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!

**Please submit your own testimony to divinetutors@yahoo.com as an attachment in a Word document, 100-300 maximum. Please Include your name and some information about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment