Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Thought for Thursday: Play Your Position

"And he went a little further, fell on his face and prayed, saying O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matthew 26:39

The other day as I mulled over certain situations in my life and the outcome I desired from the situation the Lord dropped a nugget of his infinite wisdom in my spirit, "you are in a place of expectancy but not in a position to receive." Of course, I looked around for a few moments shocked that Lord would say a thing like that to me (until he called me out I thought I was doing just fine). But, the truth of the matter is I was not in a position to receive anything from God because I was not playing my position.

The only job I have is to rest in Him. The only job I have is to do what He requires of me and sometimes that may be a bit more painful and more tedious than my original plan but his plan and rewards are eternal. If we expect to receive from the Lord then we must be willing to do what He requires of us.

The road to the goal line might be tough, we may be tackled some times but we must be like our Lord Jesus Christ who endured the cross who recognized in his humanity that it was not going to a pleasing experience yet he went through anyway. He accepted his position as a sacrificial lamb for my sins and is now seated at the right hand of the Father. It is through total submission Jesus was able to walk with the Father and victorious. When we play our position we will experience the same results. 

This Thursday think on this: am I playing my position? 

You ought to be on this team because this is the team that guarantees a victory every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment